This Notice explains how we obtain, use and disclose your personal information, in accordance with the requirements of the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPIA”).
Martin Meyer Kitchens (and including this website, mmkitchens.co.za) are committed to protecting your privacy and to ensure that your personal information is collected and used properly, lawfully, and transparently.
Who we are
Martin Meyer Kitchens is a company that designs, manufactures, and installs high quality cabinetry.
The type of personal information we collect:
We collect, the following information, including, but not limited to:
a) information relating to the race, gender, sex, pregnancy, marital status, national, ethnic, or social origin, colour, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental health, well-being, disability, religion, conscience, belief, culture, language and birth of the person;
b) information relating to the education or the medical, financial, criminal or employment history of the person;
c) any identifying number, symbol, e-mail address, physical address, telephone number, location information, online identifier, or other particular assignment to the person;
d) the access control information of the person;
e) the personal opinions, views or preferences of the person;
f) correspondence sent by the person that is implicitly or explicitly of a private or confidential nature or further correspondence that would reveal the contents of the original correspondence;
g) the views or opinions of another individual about the person; and
h) the name of the person if it appears with other personal information relating to the person or if the disclosure of the name itself would reveal information about the person.
We collect and process your personal information mainly to contact you for the purposes of understanding your requirements and delivering services accordingly. For this purpose, we will collect contact details including your name, contact number, email address and your physical address.
We collect information directly from you where you provide us with your personal details. Where possible, we will inform you what information you are required to provide to us and what information is optional.
Website usage information may be collected using “cookies” which allows us to collect standard internet visitor usage information.
How we get the personal information and what we use it for:
We will use your personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and agreed with you. Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- You would like us to design and quote you on cabinetry
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Builders or interior decorators that want us to design/quote cabinetry for you.
We use the information that you have given us to:
- Quote correctly
- Contact you regarding your needs and wants
- Arrange installation
We may share this information with:
- Stone fabricators – for quote or installation purposes only
- Other suppliers that may need to quote, deliver, or install on our behalf
Collection of Information by “Cookies”
When will we process your personal information:
In terms of the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the justification ground which we base our processing on, consist out of the following:
- The data subject or a competent person where the data subject is a child consents to the processing. Kindly note that you have the right to withdraw your consent.
- The processing is necessary to carry out actions for the conclusion or performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party.
- The processing complies with an obligation imposed by law on the business.
- The processing protects a legitimate interest of the data subject.
- The processing is necessary for the proper performance of a public law duty by the business. or
- The processing is necessary for pursuing the legitimate interests of the business or of a third party to whom the information is supplied.
How we store your personal information:
Your information is securely stored:
We are legally obliged to provide adequate protection for the personal information we hold and to stop unauthorized access and use of personal information. We will, on an on-going basis, continue to review our security controls and related processes to ensure that your personal information remains secure.
Our security policies and procedures cover:
- Physical security;
- Computer and network security;
- Access to personal information;
- Acceptable usage of personal information.
We keep your information as per our retention policy. We will then dispose your information by shredding all documents with your information on.
Your data protection rights:
- You are entitled to access your personal data by sending a written request to email@example.com. We may charge you a fee for this service.
- You may also request Martin Meyer Kitchens to correct or supplement any of your personal data which Martin Meyer Kitchens will undertake as soon as practicable.
- Request the destruction of your personal data. Martin Meyer Kitchens will consider your request considering any other laws or regulations prohibiting Martin Meyer Kitchens from destroying your personal data.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain:
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at email@example.com.
You can also complain to the Information Regulator if you are unhappy with how we have used your Information.
Their contact details are as follows:
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za